Sales Internship – Higher Education
Kendall Hunt Publishing Company
Posted On 11/02/2022
Are you a college student looking for flexible hours during school? We are looking for Sales Interns for our Higher Education division to create long-term, trusting relationships with our authors. This role is perfect for those who are wanting to gain valuable experience in the publishing world, and future careers. No previous publishing experience necessary! We are looking for coachable, highly motivated individuals who can work out of our home office in Dubuque, IA. This positions is great for college students and allows flexibility!
Who Is Kendall Hunt Publishing?
Throughout its history, Kendall Hunt Publishing has grown with an emphasis on its employees, fearlessness in innovation, and a strong grip on its values. Today Kendall Hunt continues to expand by growing its number of educational products, creating new companies and extending its services across the country and beyond. Through diversity and willingness to adapt to the ever-changing publishing industry, Kendall Hunt is a company dedicated to growing with the public to best serve the people of the community.
When you work at Kendall Hunt you immediately notice the collaboration, friendliness, and a sense of purpose amongst our employees. Our customers, students, authors, and other outside contacts are always our top priority. We are constantly uncovering new sales channels for current product lines or finding new products to sell to current customers. Join our team of evolving employees to help us maintain our competitive edge in the industries we serve. https://www.kendallhunt.com
What Does A Sales Intern In Higher Education Do?
- Manage sales and relationships with assigned authors, including up-selling to existing authors to maximize sales
- Initiate and manage revision and reprint process for assigned authors
- Coordinate contracts and production process for revisions
- Create schedules and communicates with authors to keep them on schedule
- Generate leads for outside sales through bookstore contacts and author referrals
- Proactively work to gain referrals for other potential authors and adopters
Who Do We Need?
- You understand the importance of a positive customer experience and what your role is in that overall experience
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and look at your career in terms of growing your business
- You are a great communicator, people person and problem solver
- You are competitive with yourself, and others around you
- Sales experiences is not necessary as long as you are coachable
- You are working towards a Bachelor's degree in a related field
- We do require our interns to work out of our home office in Dubuque, Iowa
It's More Than Just an Internship!
Come work for our family of companies that strives to be more than just a publishing company. We build more than a community here, we build a family with our employees, and our clients. We will work around your class schedule and extracurricular activities. Our scheduling, and managers, are flexible with you. Plus, we pay our interns! So come learn about how you can grow from an intern, to a potential full time hire after graduation!
Send your resume and cover letter to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer