Counselor – Turning Point Treatment – PRN
Posted On 01/20/2022
Consistent with the Iowa Board of Certification (IBC) Standards, the counselor is a member of the MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center multi-disciplinary treatment team and is accountable for the delivery of holistic, compassionate, individualized, and effective care demonstrated by the use of the core functions of practice associated with the counselor role.
- Master’s degree in addiction studies or related field or working on completion of degree.
- Licensure as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) preferred.
- State certification as a substance abuse counselor or eligibility with completion of certification within one year following date of hire (tCADC, CADC, IADC, IAADC). Not required if licensed as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC).
- Minimum of two years of clinical counseling experience in a mental health or substance use disorder setting is preferred.
- The counselor, if a recovering person, must have a minimum of three years continuous sobrietyor freedom from mood altering chemicals.
- Maintain continuing education units per the state certification requirements and continuously seek opportunities to enhance their own professional nursing practice.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 3 years thereafter.