CNA-HUC/ER Tech – Days, Part-Time
Grant Regional Health Center
Posted On 06/09/2022
TITLE: CNA-HUC/ER Technician
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Part-time days position .75 FTE (60 hours/pay period), with every third weekend as an ER Tech. Shifts are 5:45 a.m. - 6:15 p.m. in Med-Surg. Weekend shifts in are 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. in ER. Holiday day shift rotation. Willingness to work OB as necessary. Benefit eligible position!
CNA-HUC works with nurses to assist in provision of delegated aspects of nursing care for individual patients. This practitioner organizes, within the specified work period, his/her time in order to maximize delivery of nursing care.
The Emergency Room Technician (ER Tech) is responsible to provide supportive services to the nursing staff and medical provider under the direct supervision of the ER nurse. Direct supervision is defined as “the immediate availability to continually coordinate, direct and inspect firsthand the procedure of another”. The technician organizes his/her time in order to maximize delivery of delegated functions within the specified work period. The ER Tech will also assist in providing clerical support for the RN and medical provider.
• Within the role of clerk functions this practitioner is responsible for performing HUC procedures for the following: admission, discharge, pre-procedure, post-procedure and transfer.
• The CNA-HUC is responsible for unit-phone, call-light, visual monitor, and telemetry management, transcription and entry of physicians’ orders and coordinating the flow of paper and electronic information into the chart.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Obtains and records vital signs, assists in preparing patients for examinations as needed. Observes symptoms, reactions and changes in the patient’s condition and reports such to the ER nurse, physician or provider. Collects subjective data and assists with objective data collection in an efficient, systematic and thorough manner, utilizing appropriate GRHC forms and assessment tools. Such data will be documented and communicated to the nursing and medical staff in a clear and concise manner. Works closely with physicians, other departments and patients
• Participates in health care planning to meet the total needs of patients. Assists in admission, transfer and discharge process of the ER patient utilizing a multidisciplinary approach to patient care
• Documents in the patient record. Utilizes accepted charting practices to include approved abbreviations and legible handwriting (when appropriate)
• Performs CPR and is able to help out in a code situation anywhere in the organization. Must also be able to record accurate information during a code. Responds appropriately to other emergencies within the hospital
• Assists with ensuring there is an appropriate level of inventory and equipment to meet the needs of the daily operations of the department
• Assists with departmental housekeeping tasks as needed as well as cleaning and care of equipment
• Provides quality care to all patients to ensure physical and emotional comfort while assuring a safe, therapeutic environment for patients, families, visitors and staff
• Performs clerical duties including order entry and answering phones
• Other duties as assigned
• Licensed EMT status in State of WI; EMT-IT preferred. Fulfills requirements to maintain current EMS certification
• Certified nursing assistant (CNA) in State of WI
• Current CPR certification
• Professional manner
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility
• Knowledge regarding medical terminology
• Positive attitude
• Previous health care related experience preferred
• Clerical and computer experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Internal applicants: Apply in ADP Career Center prior to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23, 2022.
External applicants: Apply on-line at www.grantregional.com and attach an updated resume. Application review will begin as qualified applicants are received.