Investing In Your Future
At United Rentals, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future. We believe in:
- Hiring and retaining exceptional employees at every level
- Providing training, development and career planning
- Instilling the belief that our customers are key to our long-term success
- Encouraging a strong sense of responsibility, involvement and commitment
- Recognizing and rewarding both individual and team efforts
Learning and Development
We Help You Achieve Your Goals
Our philosophy is to help you develop your skills for the job you have – and the job you want. Our goal is to provide as many development opportunities as possible, knowing that learning happens not just in a classroom or online course, but through experiences, coaching and opportunity.
- Experience maps highlight the on-the-job experiences necessary to succeed in each role. We then help you set a plan to reach the job you want.
- START programs for new hires in the field are designed to get you off to a great start with the right information.
- Formal leadership programs are offered for high-potential individuals.
- Annual training in targeted amounts is provided for our technicians.
- We promote from within and strive to give a clear picture of what it takes to reach all levels within the company.
We Value Your Perspective
At United Rentals, we understand that when people respect each other’s personal history, cultural experiences and fundamental rights, it makes for a better workplace – and is an essential ingredient in our success. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences give us perspectives that strengthens our products and services, make us more valuable to a wider customer base and enrich the quality of our daily interactions.