Electrical Technicians -1st Shift 7:00am -3:30pm
Zero Zone, Inc.
Posted On 09/27/2022
Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks!
Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Pewaukee, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and now Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our mission: “To exceed customer expectations through innovation, quality, and responsiveness.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Holidays parties, company lunches, and free coffee
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
We need enthusiastic people for our NEW facility in Dyersville, IA and are looking for Electrical Technicians, like you, to join our team and grow with us! Under the direction of the Production Manager, Electrical Technicians assemble high quality refrigeration systems utilizing engineered drawings, customer specific documentation and installation of refrigeration components. The following are the essential duties and responsibilities you can expect to do:
- Coordinate all aspects of electrical layout per design documentation and wiring schematics on assigned projects
- Make decisions on the mounting of major components for the electrical system including rack controllers, transformers, auxiliary panels, variable frequency drives, etc.
- Wire pressure switches, solenoid valves, compressors and other auxiliary devices
- Perform electrical inspections to ensure systems are built per design specifications
- Interact professionally with all departments, vendors and customers
- Maintain a positive work environment by consistently achieving goals and reinforcing the team approach
- Utilize various power and hand tools, MIG welding, metal grinding, forklift and/or crane operation, painting, and general material management
What Are We Looking For?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of you for this position:
- An Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred
- Comfortable using hand/power tools and willing learn and take directions
- Previous manufacturing experience as well as refrigeration system component knowledge, is helpful
- Experience with hand tools, reading documentation (blue prints, weld charts, written instructions/procedures), and measuring tools is required
- This position requires you to have mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize finished product
- Additional attributes needed are detail and quality oriented, dependable and self-motivated
- Employee must regularly stand, walk, reach, stoop, lift, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 45 lbs