2nd Shift – General Assembler- Starting pay of $22.70!
Posted On 06/10/2022
Camso Manufacturing is a division of Michelin Off-Highway mobility - moving forward together daily since 1889, through innovation, towards better mobility for all. Michelin is committed to diversifying its activities. The company offers a wide range of products, innovative services and more, that enable the company to meet the challenges of more sustainable mobility.
As a responsible global employer, Michelin provides a positive workplace for its employees. We foster diversity and inclusion, encourage dialogue and collaborative work environments where all can develop their creativity.
Michelin uses innovative technologies to produce and create new products. Our advanced manufacturing facilities include production activities that depend on automation, high-precision technologies, information technologies and control systems. Employees work on empowered teams to make decisions quickly to resolve problems. This is accomplished by employees developing trusting and demanding interactions. Employees develop new competencies through coaching and training that generate increased performance, progress and innovation.
Our manufacturing environments promote safety, autonomy and empowerment and support a balance between your professional and your personal life. Continual development is ensured through business exposure and formal training.
We invite you to review career opportunities with us as we continue our Michelin journey "Moving Forward Together".
Michelin in Peosta have immediate openings for a 2nd Shift - Assembler. Working hours will be 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. This is a permanent, full time position.
This position is responsible for the safety, quality and production of Camso parts and services. They are accountable for ensuring scheduled production is completed in a timely manner and within all safety and quality parameters in line.
- Manually assembling production parts using provided machines and tooling.
- Practices safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of standard work instructions and how they apply to specific responsibilities.
- Follows accurate verbal and written procedures in operating production equipment and performing processing steps; accurately completes appropriate production documentation.
- Identifies, escalates and documents events that deviate from normal operation; participate as needed in investigations.
- Assists with training for less experienced personnel.
- Interacts with other support functions such as Quality and Maintenance.
- Utilizes manufacturing knowledge to improve process operations and affect positive change.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical operations.
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions and ideas.
- Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of operational area (5S).
- Demonstrates honesty and treats people with respect and courtesy.
- Operating knowledge of assigned equipment.
- Willingness to cross train in other departments.
- Overtime will be required from time to time and this may require weekends.
- Support the EMS, QMS & H&S systems.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in a fast pace work environment.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 45 pounds & work in a hot environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hold, push, pull, lift and carry items up to 45 pounds.
- This job requires the repeated and coordinated use of your arms, hands, wrists, and fingers to grasp small or large objects and to use small parts (e.g., bolts, screws) and handheld tools (e.g., wrenches, screwdrivers, torque tools) to put them together.
- This job requires that you pay careful attention to what you are doing. You will need to make sure that whatever you are responsible for assembling is done safe, correct, and accurate.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Basic math skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
• A competitive salary and benefits
• Collaboration with diverse and international co-workers
• Professional development opportunities
• A challenging role in a highly innovative company
• An Employee Assistance Program
(Take note that some elements of this Total Rewards package may differ from other positions offered at Michelin, as this role is opened at Camso, the Off-the-Road business line)
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org