ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE INSIDE SALES
Posted On 05/12/2023
- Prospect for and sell advertising products to new business including print, digital, magazine and events.
- Prospect for, sell and provide advertising and marketing services to businesses in person, email and by telephone.
- Participate in the development and coordination of special sections and special features, that capitalize on market trends.
- Prepare advertising for input through the advertising/production system.
- Assist the advertising account executives and other team members in servicing existing customers.
- Generate revenue for advertising, preprints, specialty publications, internet and digital solutions to meet individual and departmental goals.
- Prospect for new business in relation to both inside and outside sales territories and/or account lists.
- Inform customers of market research data, survey information, and market coverage, while discussing benefits of print and digital advertising, effective use of color and other TH media products.
- Prepare presentations for current and potential advertising customers; utilizing daily paper, inserts, specialty publications, special features and promotions, also including speculative ads from the art department.
- Assist customers in copywriting, graphics, layouts and budgeting.
- Ensure that all advertising is published in accordance with the company's established rates, contracts, policies and standards of acceptance.
- Prepare, read and correct within deadlines all insertion tickets, pre-press orders, photo requests, and proofs.
- Accurate input of advertising information for accounts and record specific data in Vision Data and Xpance.
- Follow Woodward Communications credit policies and manage aging reports.
- Maintain current and complete advertiser information on all accounts.
- Maintain a customer comes first" environment with pro-active commitment to internal and external customer service.
- Suggest and initiate, as appropriate, new methods and procedures to enhance efficiencies of the advertising department and related products.
- Submit weekly Flash/1:1 reports in a timely manner.
- Active participation in all aspects of the Great Game of Business.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Behavior: Ability to perform within time constraints. Self-motivated and resourceful. Able to assume responsibility with little supervision. Present a positive image of TH Media to the public. Appropriate dress. Confidentiality of customers, advertisers and the company. Maintain a valid driver's license.
Skills: Communicate effectively and persuasively. Good listening skills. Ability to interpret verbal and non-verbal language. Demonstrate strong English and spelling skills. Logical, detail-oriented and creative. Analyze information and handle sales objections. Good time management skills. Layout and copywriting skills.
Knowledge: High school diploma required. Some college or equivalent successful career track with minimum of one year in advertising, marketing or business preferred. Customer service and sales experience helpful.