Acquisitions Editor – Higher Education Sales - Virginia
Kendall Hunt Publishing Company
Posted On 05/31/2023
Kendall Hunt Publishing is currently looking for an Acquisition Editor, also known as an Outside Sales Representative for our Higher Education division. This is a remote position and must live within the state of Virginia. .
In this role you will cover the state of Virginia. This position does require 30% travel. There will be five full weeks of travel each semester. It's your job to interview, listen for business potential, and persuade select candidates to work with your company by partnering with experts in their field. At Kendall Hunt Publishing, as an Acquisition Representative, you're the driver and decision maker. You call and travel to different colleges and universities in your territory to identify business opportunities, interview professors, and persuade author candidates that have what it takes to become Kendall Hunt authors. We want to partner with talented educators in charge of lower-level, higher-enrollment courses to develop more interactive and engaging materials that solve the needs of their students and can make an impact in their college career and in the difference, they make in the world in the future.
Who Is Kendall Hunt Publishing?
Throughout its history, Kendall Hunt Publishing has grown with an emphasis on its employees, fearlessness in innovation, and a strong grip on its values. Today Kendall Hunt continues to expand by growing its number of educational products, creating new companies and extending its services across the country and beyond. Through diversity and willingness to adapt to the ever-changing publishing industry, Kendall Hunt is a company dedicated to growing with the public to best serve the people of the community.
When you work at Kendall Hunt you immediately notice the collaboration, friendliness, and a sense of purpose amongst our employees. Our customers, students, authors, and other outside contacts are always our top priority. We are constantly uncovering new sales channels for current product lines or finding new products to sell to current customers. Join our team of evolving employees to help us maintain our competitive edge in the industries we serve. www.kendallhunt.com
Characteristics of Who KH Looks For in an Outside Sales Representative - You are...
- A top performer that's used to going above and beyond the minimum expectations
- Competitive, highly organized, and self-driven
- Someone who has prior sales experience from any industry that will translate into success with us
- Someone who holds a bachelor's degree, and enjoys spending time on college campuses,
- You must be able to work out of our Dubuque, Iowa office
- You must hold a valid driver's license - there is travel
Why Us? We Understand It's More Than Just a Job!
Choosing a career path can be one of the most important decisions in one's life. Work is part of a person's identity. People need compelling reasons to remain at a job and a company day after day, year after year. As you consider a career change, we understand the benefits an employer offers are just as appealing as the job itself.
Our companies offer -
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for over 75 years
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and upper management staff worked their way up in our family of companies
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance with Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Base pay, plus an uncapped bonus plan
- Generous company match on 401(k) plan, as well as profit sharing
- A generous PTO package at hire, plus paid holidays
- Scholarship and tuition reimbursement
An Equal Opportunity Employer