ADA Accommodation Specialist
Posted On 05/25/2023
Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do, and we start by taking care of you, our valued colleague. A career at Sedgwick means experiencing our culture of caring. It means having flexibility and time for all the things that are important to you. It’s an opportunity to do something meaningful, each and every day. It’s having support for your mental, physical, financial and professional needs. It means sharpening your skills and growing your career. And it means working in an environment that celebrates diversity and is fair and inclusive.
A career at Sedgwick is where passion meets purpose to make a positive impact on the world through the people and organizations we serve. If you are someone who is driven to make a difference, who enjoys a challenge and above all, if you’re someone who cares, there’s a place for you here. Join us and contribute to Sedgwick being a great place to work.
Great Place to Work®
Most Loved Workplace®
Forbes Best-in-State Employer
ADA Accommodation Specialist
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To enhance the ADA process for claimants requesting accommodations under the ADAAA; to review complex medical information for temporary and permanent accommodation requests; and to approve and/or negotiate restrictions as required under the ADAAA, state and/or client requirements.
ARE YOU AN IDEAL CANDIDATE? We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who thrive in a collaborative environment, who are driven to deliver great work.
- Apply your medical/clinical or rehabilitation knowledge and experience to assist in the management of accommodations, restrictions, and rehabilitation plans.
- Work in the best of both worlds - a rewarding career making an impact on the health and lives of others, and a remote work environment.
- Enjoy flexibility and autonomy in your daily work, your location, and your career path while advocating for the most effective and efficient medical treatment for injured employees in a non-traditional setting.
- Enable our Caring counts® mission supporting injured employees from some of the world’s best brands and organizations.
- Be a part of a rapidly growing, industry-leading global company known for its excellence and customer service.
- Celebrate your career achievements and each other through professional development opportunities, continuing education credits, team building initiatives and more.
- Access diverse and comprehensive benefits to take care of your mental, physical, financial, and professional needs.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBLITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Reviews medical information for ADAAA temporary and permanent accommodation requests.
- Approves and/or negotiates accommodations as written; renegotiates reasonable alternative accommodations, or denies restrictions based on lack of supporting documentation through correspondence with physician, colleague, department, and other key stakeholders.
- Maintains regular contact with colleagues, supervisors, health care providers, and other key stakeholders regarding progress and status of accommodations; assists in the resolution of any challenges related to the accommodations.
- Conducts interactive discussions with claimants and employers, assists in answering/resolving any follow-up questions/issues and helps identify clarifications, when needed, from health care providers.
- Ascertains the specific physical tolerances and vocational skills needed for employment positions; makes decisions or assists case management staff in making decisions regarding a client's competence in performing a particular position.
- Reviews the essential job functions provided by the employer along with restrictions/limitations provided by the claimant and their treating provider to confirm the claimant can meet the essential functions with or without the accommodation(s) requested.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in nursing, social work or vocational rehabilitation is preferred. At least one of the following licenses or certifications is required: RN, LVN, CRC, COHN, CVE, LPC, OTR/L, or LCSW.
TAKING CARE OF YOU BY
- Offering flexibility and autonomy.
- Supporting meaningful work that promotes critical thinking and problem solving.
- Providing on-going learning and professional growth opportunities.
- Promoting a strong team environment and a culture of support.
- Recognizing your successes and celebrating your achievements.
- Thrives when everyone is working towards the same vision/goals.
- We offer a diverse and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental vision, 401K, PTO and more beginning your first day.
If your application is selected to advance to the next round, a recruiter will be in touch.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.