Assisted Living Nurse Supervisor
Luther Manor Communities
Posted On 06/19/2022
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing, Grand Meadows Campus
POSITION: Direct and supervise the provision of tenant care services, following established standards of nursing practice.
SUPERVISES: Assisted Living Caregiver-Universal Workers.
- Current, valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Iowa required.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation training required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All tasks must be completed through nurse delegation with Director of Nursing.
- Participate in admissions and discharges.
- Participate and complete regular annual and quarterly assessments that are not part of a significant change.
- Report any and all changes to delegating nurse and or director of nursing in their absence designees.
- Assist with breakfast, laundry, housekeeping, and activities for the household as needed.
- Assist with transfers as needed.
- Assist in meeting the daily needs of tenants in accordance with their service agreement.
- Keep up to date on tenant condition.
- Assist with staff education and development as needed.
- Assist with staff evaluations as needed.
- Receive, transcribe and implement physician orders.
- Maintain alertness to clinical signs and symptoms that indicate progress or indicate adverse reactions to prescribed treatments.
- Report change in tenant condition to Director of Nursing, physician and tenants responsible party according to facility policy and appropriate rules and regulations. Initiates follow-up action as necessary.
- Observe, evaluate, and document tenant condition changes.
- Document tenant care provided and tenants response or lack of response to care provided.
- Identify tenant problems in emergency situations and initiate immediate measures as appropriate to the situation.
- Administer and document medications, enteral/parenteral nutrition, treatment as prescribed by the physician, administers PRN medications and treatments per facility policy.
- Count narcotics and follow emergency kit procedures.
- Assist with admission/transfer/discharge procedures, coordinating with other departments, physicians, and ancillary service providers.
- Accept responsibility for the safety of tenants under his/her supervision.
- Receive report from appropriate personnel at end of shift change.
- Make initial rounds for individual assessments of tenants.
- Confer with immediate supervisor on an ongoing basis with special problems of care, tenant transfers, management of work load, etc.
- Communicate tenant needs and problems with physicians.
- Assume responsibility of execution of physician's orders.
- Review MAR's for completeness and accuracy in the transcription of physician orders and adherence to stop orders.
Complete requirements for in-service training. Regular attendance is required.
In return for high quality performance the chosen candidates can expect benefits such as health and dental insurance, competitive wages plus shift differentials, matching 401(k), and numerous other bonus and incentive opportunities.
Stop by Luther Manor or visit us online www.luthermanor.com 3131 Hillcrest Rd Dubuque, IA 52001.
Luther Manor Communities is an equal opportunity employer.