Author Account Manager – Inside Sales – Higher Education
Kendall Hunt Publishing Company
Posted On 11/21/2023
Are you an upcoming December college graduate or looking to make a career change and have an interest in sales? Our Higher Education Division is looking for an Author Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our authors. In this roll you will work with authors to help upsell products and add-ons. This position is perfect for those who are just starting out in their sales career. No previous sales experience necessary! We are looking for coachable, highly motivated individuals to work in our home office in Dubuque, Iowa.
Who Is Kendall Hunt Publishing?
Throughout its history, Kendall Hunt Publishing has grown with an emphasis on its employees, fearlessness in innovation, and a strong grip on its values. Today Kendall Hunt continues to expand by growing its number of educational products, creating new companies and extending its services across the country and beyond. Through diversity and willingness to adapt to the ever-changing publishing industry, Kendall Hunt is a company dedicated to growing with the public to best serve the people of the community.
When you work at Kendall Hunt you immediately notice the collaboration, friendliness, and a sense of purpose amongst our employees. Our customers, students, authors, and other outside contacts are always our top priority. We are constantly uncovering new sales channels for current product lines or finding new products to sell to current customers. Join our team of evolving employees to help us maintain our competitive edge in the industries we serve. www.kendallhunt.com.
What Does An Author Account Manager Do?
- Manage sales and relationships with assigned authors, including up-selling to existing authors to maximize sales
- Travel to visit assigned authors or attend conventions to promote Kendall Hunt products
- Initiate and manage revision and reprint process for assigned authors
- Coordinate contracts and production process for revisions
- Create schedules and communicates with authors to keep them on schedule
- Generate leads for outside sales through bookstore contacts and author referrals
- Proactively work to gain referrals for other potential authors and adopters
- Implement successful sales strategies to increase sales and profits on assigned accounts
Characteristics of Who KH Looks For in an Author Account Manager - You are...
- A top performer that's used to going above and beyond the minimum expectations
- Competitive, highly organized, and self-driven
- Someone who has "been there" bringing sales experience from any industry that will translate into success with us
- Someone who holds a Bachelor's Degree - we are looking for the right person, not a specific degree
Why Us? We Understand It's More Than Just a Job!
Choosing a career path can be one of the most important decisions in one's life. Work is part of a person's identity. People need compelling reasons to remain at a job and a company day after day, year after year. As you consider a career change, we understand the benefits an employer offers are just as appealing as the job itself.
Kendall Hunt offer -
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for over 75 years
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and upper management staff worked their way up in our family of companies
- Base hourly rate, plus commission
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance with Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Generous company match on 401(k) plan, as well as profit sharing
- 15 days of PTO at hire, plus paid holidays
- Scholarship and tuition reimbursement
All applicants must have valid driver's license and bachelor's degree.
An Equal Opportunity Employer