Benefits Manager Internship – Summer 2022
Kunkel & Associates, Inc.
Posted On 01/21/2022
About Kunkel & Associates:
Kunkel & Associates is a commercial insurance brokerage and consulting firm committed to providing quality service through unparalleled professionalism and personalized attention for almost 20 years.
Our team provides consultative solutions for your transportation, property, casualty, and employee benefits needs. Our organization continues to grow and develop by bringing innovative advantages to our clients; including comprehensive nursing services, resource consulting, safety and loss control management, and claims management.
At Kunkel & Associates, we take pride in exceeding customer expectations within a unique working environment and uphold a culture that embraces passion, perseverance, and enthusiasm.
K&A Locations: Dubuque, Iowa (Headquarters); Madison, Wisconsin and Kansas City, Kansas
K&A Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 8 am-5 pm, flexible hours with work from home options
Are you looking for an internship that will challenge you every day in a fun but professional work environment? An Internship at Kunkel & Associates will give you the tools to network with business owners, work in a team setting and give the opportunity to gain real-life experiences. Our team here at Kunkel & Associates will give you on-the-job training and one-on-one mentorship to ensure that you have the best tools to be successful in your future career. Our internship program offers flexible hours, hourly pay, a potential full-time position upon graduation and, if needed, we will provide and pay for your housing needs for the summer!
Come work with us, not for us this summer!
- Job shadow and train with sales and support staff
- Flexible schedule, hybrid option
- Paid housing for those, not from Dubuque, Madison, or Kansas City
- Build Insurance proposals, cost illustrations, and marketing materials
- Accompany Sales Executives on prospect and renewal presentations and service plans
- Opportunity to travel for client and prospect meetings
- Implement/monitor client service plans
- Consults with clients regarding Health Benefits programs, legislative laws, and compliance
- Analyze current health plans and make cost containment recommendations
- Assist with webinars and employee presentations
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to include providing high-quality service/prompt responses
- Opportunity to work with our leadership team on implementing new ideas
- Other projects/duties assigned
- Working towards completion of BA or BS
- Strong Outlook, Word, and Excel Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent service orientation skills
- Flexible hours with the capacity to work up to 40 hours or we offer part-time hours (Monday – Friday)
- The capacity to work part-time during the school year
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration. Apply today at https://kunkel-inc.com/interns