Westmark Enterprises, Inc.
Posted On 05/18/2023
Westmark Enterprises is looking for a Business Analyst in our finance department to be a Liaison between IT, Accounting and Management using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders. This position will be in our home office in Dubuque, Iowa.
Who We Are
Westmark Enterprises is a support organization headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa that provides support functions such as information technology, human resources, inventory control, telecommunications, finance, and accounting for numerous affiliated companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing, Westmark Development, Great River Learning, RCL Benziger, and Paradigm Education Solutions. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.westmarkenterprises.com / www.kendallhunt.com
What You'll Do as a Business Analyst!
- Maintain existing and work to establish new Analytics for key stakeholders: Executives, Managers, Owners; meet with stakeholders regularly to be aware of changing business needs or new initiatives; Build analytics that go beyond the data provided in Financial Statements and Budget Reports to help managers and leadership make decisions
- Work with IT as new reports are requested, assist in evaluating the specifics of the need or question being asked, assist with auditing the results to ensure reports answer the question the user needs.
- Super User of Power BI and Data Warehouse; assist with implementation of the tools and help train users
Who We Need!
- Someone who has 2-4 years’ experience working with Business/Data Analytics or Managerial Accounting in either an IT, Accounting or Finance role
- Willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions
- Someone who has strong communication skills, highly organized, analytic skills, process design, workflow efficiency
- Excel skills including formulas, graphing, pivot tables, computer skills, solid foundational understanding of Accounting and GAAP
Our companies offer –
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for over 75 years
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and upper management staff worked their way up in our family of companies
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance with Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Generous company match on 401(k) plan, as well as profit sharing
- A generous PTO package at hire, plus paid holidays
- Scholarship and tuition reimbursement
It's More Than Just a Job!
Come work for our family of companies that strive to be more than just a publishing company. We build more than a community here, we build a family with our employees, and our clients. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, 401K, profit sharing and PTO. We are excited to meet you!
Send your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements are to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer