BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Engineering Services and Products Company (FarmTek)
Posted On 11/19/2022
The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services and Products Company (ESAPCO). Since 1979, we’ve grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of commercial structures and greenhouses with over 30,000 products distributed through direct marketing, three online stores and two lead-generation websites. We are seeking a hard-working Business Development Specialist who is passionate about building relationships within the Municipal and government sectors. You will join a fast-paced environment and build high value relationships within the ClearSpan brand of ESAPCO.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be reporting to the Director of Marketing and focus on increasing ClearSpan opportunities, by developing new business with municipal and government prospects. Primary activities include building successful relationships within top 100, as well as attending tradeshows, joining associations, networking and developing outbound call lists to top 100/200 prospects within your verticals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and create opportunities within the government and municipal sectors. Build lasting business relationships with key industry influencers to generate new business leads that drive revenue.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Make outbound calls to potential prospects within industry verticals and use external lists to generate call campaigns.
- Attend industry tradeshows, meetings, and events to leverage opportunities for new leads.
- Help to create new marketing material to support industry vertical growth.
- Become a subject matter expert on industry verticals and remain up-to-date on industry news and competitor landscape.
- Find gaps and improvement opportunities within specific product lines based on research and relationships with industry experts.
- GSA, government contracting experience preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules their tasks; Develops realistic action plans for meeting metrics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent from 4-year college; or 6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order Processing systems, Microsoft Suite software programs, especially Excel, and have the ability to type at a minimum of 30 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, type, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds to move tradeshow equipment and set up booths.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary to commensurate with experience, ranging from $60,000-$70,000.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, educational assistance, 401(k), life insurance, disability, vacation, holidays, personal/sick time, employee referral, product discounts, and more.
Engineering Services & Products Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.