Business Development Manager (Remote Position, Mid-Atlantic/Southeast)
Posted On 01/22/2023
WHO WE ARE
Optimize Your Buildings and Infrastructure with Cartegraph.
Cities and Counties. Colleges and Universities. Parks, Utilities, and More.
Cartegraph builds safer, more resilient, and more sustainable communities through better stewardship of critical infrastructure. We design, build, and sell powerful, intuitive software solutions that help local government agencies, utilities, and educational institutions manage their physical assets and associated operations. With Cartegraph, users optimize the performance of their assets, drive efficiencies, maximize resources, and reduce costs through smarter, data-driven decisions.
As a Business Development Manager you are an individual contributor and will take on a senior sales role where additional, higher levels of skills and knowledge are required around areas such as sales strategy, account management, segmentation management, business and financial acumen, etc.
Responsibilities include devising and implementing sales strategies, identifying and prospecting for new clients, building positive customer relationships and contributing to long-term customer satisfaction, forecasting sales for the assigned territory, and consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and territory objectives.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing solutions; including as needed, RFP/RFI creating and review; providing technical resources; integrating contract requirements aligned within the customer procurement processes and with Cartegraph business operations.
- Develops and maintains consistent and accurate pipeline.
- Inspire creative thinking and collaboration resulting in more team wins!
- Analysis of pipeline conversion metrics over time period determined by management.
- Demonstrates Cartegraph software solution to prospective clients in person or via web.
- Analyze and adjust qualification strategies with team Sales Development Representative.
- Provide strategic input to recover distressed accounts and minimize revenue churn.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of determined solution with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating customer's needs and goals.
- Continuously updates and maintains Salesforce CRM database.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Three years of experience selling Enterprise-Level software applications to executives and/or government leaders.
- Previous experience selling Software as a Service (SaaS).
- At least 2 years of successful previous experience working remotely from a corporate headquarters if not based at HQ.
- Proven, excellent, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automated office tools including Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel as well as web meeting technology.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Civil Engineering or Public Administration
- Previous experience in the technical or public works/municipal government marketplace
- Past experience and understanding of government procurement process
TRAVEL: Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
We tried to narrow down to just 5 reasons to work here, but it was impossible...
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established industry leader
- Options to grow your career
- Collaborative work environment
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness & EAP Program
- Paid holidays (plus a couple extra days)
- 401k plan
- Social events, coffee and snacks, foosball, and more..
Learn more about working at Cartegraph and our Midwest-Nice culture:
In our efforts to recruit those who will elevate our success and ensure a proper career fit, we invite you to complete the Culture Index Survey. The survey contains two questions and should take no more than 10-15 minutes. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Cartegraph is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. If you are unable to complete our online employment application or require an accommodation to do so, please call 563-587-3366 for assistance.