Care Connect Advisor - Patient Outreach & Sales!
Posted On 09/18/2023
Medical Associates is hiring a Care Connect Advisor to ensure our patients receive all the help, support, and inspiration to continue feeling their healthiest.
Daily activities: Educating and scheduling new or existing patients with some of the services Medical Associates can provide to them. Promote Medicare Insurance products directly to individuals typically from referrals. This person should demonstrate a comfortable level of communication among multiple units of our organization.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Benefits Package Includes:
- Single or Family Health Insurance with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation.
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay) + additional annual Profit Sharing
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program (24 days off/year)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Dental Insurance, etc.
You will work towards earning your sales licensure (which is required within six to eight months from date of hire).
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provide a customer friendly experience for patients and members with questions or issues related to clinic services, health insurance or related topics and determines best course of action to meet the customer’s needs in a timely and professional manner
- Educate customers about available clinic and health plan programs based on current health care needs, age, lifestyle, and other personal/health dynamics.
- Identify and close preventative care gaps by active outreach and in time scheduling. Develop retention strategies to meet customer’s needs.
- Use lead management tools to contact prospects for Health Plan enrollment and sales opportunities, generate referrals and set up appointments for enrollment visits. Facilitate and monitor application process and perform outbound call campaigns for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Report opportunities for the business to learn and improve to be reviewed by senior management team
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, which may include but not limited to: scheduling functions, review/update/obtain customer information/demographics to ensure correct billing and communication streams, verification/set up insurance coverage, assists customers in utilization of self-service tools.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a high school education.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Obtain Sales licensure. Serve as a role model with interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to motivate and influence others, patience, dependability, flexibility to perform a wide variety of job duties within the role and relationship building. Ability to work independently with limited direction, problem solving and resourcefulness.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Repetitive Motions - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.