CDL Training Instructor
Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc.
Posted On 02/24/2022
Hirschbach is excited to announce we are growing our CDL Training Program!
To grow our program started, we are looking to add Class A CDL Holders to the Trainer team. We are seeking Trainers who are excited about helping others be successful with Hirschbach Motor Lines as they start up their operating career!
Relocation package is available for candidates interested in relocating to the Greater Dubuque area.
The CDL Training Specialist provides CDL theory, range and road instruction to students who are pursuing their CDL.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of course content, range exercises, road routes, and testing.
- Presents information with a variety of instructional techniques or formats.
- Presents and follows the course curriculum.
- Prepares instructions and follows course outlines, including managing timing of events.
- Promotes and advocates for Hirschbach Motor Lines.
- Communicates with peers and support staff to bring about the best resolve for all situations.
- Aids in the development of course outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All candidates must have a current CDL with medical card.
- A minimum of two years of OTR preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent in education
- Displays strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to coach, teach, train, and mentor.
- Ability to prioritize functions and deal effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy and energy.
- Computer proficiency and ability to navigate between multiple programs.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions and environments for training purposes.
- Displays and demonstrates an "All In to Win" attitude and performance including self motivation and a strong desire to learn within an unpredictable and demanding environment.
Pay & Benefits
- $55,000-$60,000 based on experience
- Full comprehensive benefit plan, includes medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, and more voluntary elections!
- Paid Time Off earned within your first year
- $10,000 Retention Bonus! Come join our team and stay awhile. $5,000 paid on your first year anniversary and another after 2 years of service with Hirschbach!
EOE. Offer of employment in contingent upon successful completion or pre-employment drug screen and background check.