Certified Medical Assistant - Psychiatry & Psychology
Posted On 05/29/2023
Join the area's most comprehensive team of mental health providers! The Psychiatry and Psychology Department at Medical Associates is seeking to add a full-time Certified Medical Assistant to their team.
Schedule: Monday – Friday from 8am - 5pm, 80 hours per pay period, full-benefits eligible!
Benefits Package is Worth Over $20,000 and includes:
- Single or Family Health Insurance with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation.
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing)
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program (24 days off/year)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Dental Insurance, etc.
Bonus Opportunity for Certified Medical Assistants:
- As a newly hired CMA , you may be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses!
- $1,000 bonus paid after completion of your 90 day introductory period as a CMA
- $1,000 bonus paid after completion of your first successful year as a CMA
- $1,000 bonus paid after completion of your second successful year as a CMA
What you'll be doing:
- This position includes about 40-50% phone triaging.
- Collaborate with health care team to direct/perform nursing assessment and interventions according to plan of care.
- Integrate the nursing process in all patient contact, care, diagnostic testing, and treatments. Collect pertinent patient health care data, review medical records and confer/collaborate with providers to ensure patient needs are met.
- Communicate effectively with patients, coworkers, and others. Promote patient wellness and provide patient education.
- Document care provided, including but not limited to: assessment, interventions, medication, patient education, and assist with integrity of medical record.
- Maintain an office environment that is safe, neat, organized, and supplied with necessary equipment, instruments, supplies, and educational materials. Ensure equipment is functioning safely and properly. Perform cleaning and maintenance of equipment according to guidelines.
- Demonstrate flexibility in performing other additional duties of patient care. Provide input for devising systems to improve quality and efficiency of patient care and workflow. Participate in required meetings.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience – From six months to one year of similar or related experience. Prior mental health experience not required.
Education - Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study or certification at a business or trade school. CMA Certification required.
Interpersonal Skills - A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling - Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds force constantly to move objects.
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.