Clinic MA, LPN, or RN – Bilingual, Full-Time
Grant Regional Health Center
Posted On 06/09/2022
TITLE: Clinic Family Practice Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse or Medical Assistant (Bilingual in English & Spanish)
DEPARTMENT: Grant Regional Community Clinic
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Full-time .9 FTE (36 hours/week). Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with one day off per week. Flexibility to work 1 day per week until 7:00 p.m.
The Clinic RN/LPN/MA will work with multiple providers in a pod environment including one bilingual provider that will join our practice in Fall 2022. Clinic hours are 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday – Wednesday and 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Thursday and Friday. *Work schedule subject to change to meet the needs of the clinic/patients. This position could possibly travel to our outreach clinics.
RN JOB DUTIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process: assessment planning, intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters
- Performs nursing procedures
- Assists medical providers with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the provider’s attention. Have knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related to patient care
- Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques. Recognizes the implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing patient about medication therapy
- Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Patient Act
- Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider
- Establishes working relationships teaching protocols for patient education, family counseling and general public information
- Takes a leadership role in the facilitation or department functions including mentoring new staff and ensuring policies and procedures are followed
- Leads and participates in site process and policy improvement teams
- Cross trains staff and other departments as needed
- Assists in development and implementation of policies, protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
LPN/MA JOB DUTIES:
- Work with multiple physicians, mid-level providers, RN, LPN, CMA and registration staff in a pod nursing environment
- Room patients, prepare for visit, and assist provider with patient care, visit, and flow
- Perform tasks such as specimen collection/testing/recording of results/labeling, vision/color testing, cultures, hematology testing, glucose testing, pregnancy testing, etc.
- Assist, prepare, and administer immunizations and other injections; administer medications by all routes excluding intravenous infusion, as directed
- Assist with suturing and casting; ear and eye irrigations; staple/suture removal and dressing changes; set up surgical tray and assist with minor office surgeries
- Office skills: answer phone, take/return accurate messages; phone prescriptions to pharmacy, telephone lab/test results to patient
- Obtain insurance authorizations
- Work with other health care providers to assist in the provision of delegated aspects of patient care
- Use basic communication skills to enhance a patient’s expression of needs
- Organize, within the specified work period, those delegated aspects of care for which he/she is accountable
- Ensure patient satisfaction by providing kind, attentive and conscientious care
- Assist with other duties as time permits
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish with the ability to translate between the patients and clinical staff, including written documentation.
- Current RN or LPN license in the state of Wisconsin or graduate of a Medical Assistant program.
- Experience in a Clinic setting including electronic medical records experience required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills required.
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates: Complete our on-line application at www.grantregional.com and attach a current resume. Apply as soon as possible as interviews will begin as qualified candidates are received.