Clinic Supervisor - Urgent Care Clinic Clinic
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Posted On 10/31/2022
We are looking for a full-time Clinic Supervisor to work in our Urgent Care Clinic. Work hours for this position will be Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm or 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, for 80 hours per pay period, and as needed. The Clinic Supervisor will participate in a holiday and weekend rotation. The Clinic Supervisor does split their time doing both supervisor and staff work.
The Clinic Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of day-to-day clinic operations in a medical office practice and monitors the activities of all office operations components to ensure the clinic meets its objectives. The Clinic Supervisor reports directly to the Clinic Administrator and advises and seeks consent from the organization’s leadership team to coordinate and manage the activities in the clinic.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Operations & Staff Management
- Coordinating day to day clinic operations and provide day to day support for staffing schedules of providers, nurses and PSRs. Hiring and onboarding of appropriate staff.
- Responsible for hiring, evaluation and training development of assigned clinical and/or patient service representatives.
- Provide Leadership within the clinic setting in order to ensure effective, efficient office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving the quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of and provide operational support for tasks and job functionsperformed in areas of responsibility, including protocols, processes, policies and procedures.
- First line decision maker with respect to employee relations situations; informing appropriate clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator of all employee situations and partnering with appropriate clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator on high-level employee situations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Follow protocols and policies in decision-making.
- Identify and resolve day-to-day issues related to position of oversight.
- Seek guidance from clinic administrator/senior clinic administrator as needed.
- Be aware of what is happening in the clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site. Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Create a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
Patient Care/Patient Education
- Act as a liaison between physicians/providers/patients and the organization’s leadership team to achieve effective communication and optimal operational processes.
- Take the leadership role in times of disaster to secure the safety of staff, patients, visitors, the facility and protected health information when possible.
- Resolve accounts payable work queue denials that are due to improper registration.
- Support UnityPoint Health – Dubuque Clinic strategic initiatives as requested.
- Responsible for delegated accountability of department metrics.
- Manage controllable expenses as assigned.
- Provide information to support budgeting process as requested.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor all environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Bachelor’s degree, RN/LPN/CMA/Rad Tech or combination of education and experience required.
· Business and/or health care management degree preferred.
· 2-3 years clinic operations experience preferred.
· Appropriate, valid license to practice profession in Iowa
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
· Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Preferred knowledge and experience with process improvement.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Area of Interest: Leadership - Non-Nursing;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0;
- Department: Urgent Care West;
- Shift: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm or 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, for 80 hours per pay period. There is a holiday and weekend rotation.;
- Job ID: 121856;