Cloud Data Engineer Internship
Colony Brands, Inc.
Posted On 02/23/2023
The Cloud Data Engineer Internship will begin in June and end in August or December 2023 (depending on your availability).
What You’ll Do & Learn:
You will assist with the design, development, testing, execution, and quality assurance of both automated and manual data ETL-ELT, building Code pipe-lines, integration of software data sources, and exchange data processes across the enterprise. The candidate will assist with large sets of data from Operational data sources on and off premises. You’ll assist with the development of secure and efficient processes, utilizing various software applications to streamline and expedite the transformation and integration of data into various tools for storing and reporting data. In addition, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the efficient, compliant, timely, and secure acquisition, integration, provision and exchange of enterprise data
• Working with internal business and technology staff to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications, and database models to determine appropriate ETL development solutions.
• Assisting with integrating/replacing ETL development with existing processes to maximize efficiency.
What It Takes:
We are currently looking for highly driven individuals who are pursuing their degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Math or related fields. Ideally, you will have a basic knowledge of programming and strong organization skills to work on multiple projects at once. In addition, we are looking for:
• At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and interpret them both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to solve or coordinate resolution to problems independently, quickly and completely
• Knowledge of Python, C# or C++, Java, and SQL.
• Amazon Web Services “AWS” is helpful.
• Knowledge of data processing and code pipe lines is helpful.
We value onsite collaboration so this role requires onsite work in our Monroe office Tuesday - Thursday. There is generally flexibility to work remotely for up to 2 days per week. To take advantage of the remote work option, you must have reliable, high-speed internet and appropriate home office ergonomics.
Please note this position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
SC Data Center, Inc. is a customer-centric business that supports warehousing, information technology and contact centers. SC Data Center, Inc. is an affiliate company of Colony Brands, Inc. which is one of North America's largest, multi-channel direct-marketing companies. We generously support the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
- Paid Opportunities - This is a paid opportunity to explore your career! All Interns are paid a competitive wage for their field.
- Relocation/Housing – $1,000.00 to assist with housing costs for students relocating/coming from more than 50 miles away to their work site.
- Employee Discounts - Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 45% to 50% off.
- Time Off - We all need a little down time and all Interns enjoy paid time off during their internship.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements - Receive up to $50 per month toward a gym membership at local YMCA/YWCAs.
- Health Insurance - Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Business Casual Dress Code - Jeans are allowed year-round!
- Performance Updates - We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training - We provide all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation - The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details