CNC Machinists / Machine Operators (copy)
Webber Metal Products
Posted On 09/28/2022
With general supervision, produces customer products from CNC machines using blue prints, written instruction, and gages to verify accuracy. Full time benefits eligible position subject to our attendance and tardiness policies.
Principle duties and Responsibilities / General Knowledge
- Producing customer products as described from job travelers and customer blue prints.
- Verifies accuracy of products produced through quality plan.
- Adjust and replaces tooling as wear occur.
- Perform light maintenance on CNC machinery such as add coolants and oils.
- Cleans and maintains environment on and around machine.
- The basic ability to read, comprehend and follow complicated blue prints and the ability to perform basic arithmetic and geometric calculations in order to perform the basic tasks described above. This is normally acquired through the completion of a high school education and on-the-job experience.
- Have a basic understanding and knowledge of CNC machines and the developing knowledge of sequence of operations, tool selection and repair. This is obtained through on-the-job training
- Has a basic knowledge of machine mechanics including electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic. This is obtained through on-the-job training.
- The ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail and quality through the use of appropriate gages, for 80% of work time.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work others.
- Standing and walking required for over 2/3(+) of work time.
- Work requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and has been classified as medium duty per the Department of Labor standards.
Will be working with and around machinery on a continual basis, requires standing for long periods of time on concrete.