Cook/Food Service Worker, Part-Time
Grant Regional Health Center
Posted On 06/03/2022
TITLE: Cook / Food Service Worker
POSITION STATUS/HOURS: Part-time position (64 hours/pay period). Cook shifts are 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Food Service Worker shifts are 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and every other Holiday. Benefit eligible!
• Cook and prepare high quality meals for patients, employees, guests, physicians, meal site participants, and for catering functions both inside and outside of the hospital
• Prepare menus/meal trays for a variety of therapeutic diets and for an age-specific population
• Follow standardized recipes and accommodate mechanically altered diets
• Assist with tray assembly and tray/cart delivery to patients’ rooms
• Follow safety and sanitation techniques in all food service/preparation areas
• Clean equipment/dishes according to recommended sanitation guidelines
• Provide flexibility with scheduling and ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Alters menus to meet calorie requirements, special diet orders, ethnic and/or food preferences.
• Keeps patient cardex up-to-date with diet orders, food preferences, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Applicant must have a high school diploma. Certified or willing to become a Certified . Food Protection Professional. Previous experience with food preparation or cooking in a professional setting required. Hospital or catering experience a plus! Must hold valid Driver’s License to deliver food to meal sites as needed. Should be enthusiastic, organized, dependable and neat; as well as willing to work with others in a cooperative spirit. Must follow safety & sanitation – clean as you go techniques. Must be able to deliver and pick up trays. Must be able to transfer 45 pounds and stand and/or walk up to 90% or more of the shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidate offered employment will complete criminal background check, health requirements (including urine drug screen), and credit check as condition of employment.
External applicants: Apply on-line at www.grantregional.com and attach an updated resume. Interviews will begin as applications are received.