Posted On 08/23/2022
Primary responsibilities include selecting, editing and designing page content for print product and online content. Meet page flow deadlines and coordinate edition content with editors. Qualified candidates must have familiarity with current events and history. Also, the ability to grasp and adapt to new technology. Evening and weekend hours applicable as well as other hours.
- Select, edit, and design page content for print product.
- Select and edit content for online and social media.
- Coordinate edition content with editors.
- Meet pageflow deadlines.
- Edit stories and graphics and accuracy, grammar, style and clarity.
- Design pages to enhance readership; write accurate headlines and captions.
- Complete pages on deadline according to established pageflow demands.
- Post content to TH website and social media sites.
- Develop computer-originated graphics to enhance readership comprehension.
- Participate in planning and coordination for assigned pages and special sections.
- Monitor ongoing news and issues through perusal of TH and other appropriate media.
- Suggest and initiate, as appropriate, new methods and procedures to enhance efficient operation of the department or newspaper overall.
- Adhere to TH policies and journalistic ethics.
- Maintain a customer comes first environment with pro-active commitment to internal and external customer service.
- Participate in the Great Game of Business.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Behavior: Self-starter who works well with others; capable of accepting constructive criticism; communicative with other staffers and supervisors; imaginative; representative of the TH and colleagues as professional member of the journalism profession.
Skills: English language; computer operation; time management; ability to perform efficiently and accurately on deadline. Ability to grasp and adapt to new technology.
Knowledge: Bachelors degree or equivalent; newspaper or related media/communications experience a plus; familiarity with newspaper operations; current events and history.