Grand River Center
Posted On 11/30/2023
Custodian|Part-time| Grand River Conference Center
Oak View Group
Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
- We treat each other fairly and with respect.
- We act with integrity.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- We give back to our global community.
The pt custodial staff is responsible for ensuring facility meets or exceeds standards of cleanliness to the utmost in guest satisfaction before, during, and after all events. Custodial staff must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities as well as be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
This role will pay an hourly wage $14.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching
About the Venue
The Grand River Center is a full-service meeting and event facility located in the heart of downtown Dubuque, Iowa. Featuring over 40,000+ square feet of meeting and exhibition space for events up to 2,000.
- Arrives for each scheduled shift on time, and ready to work
- Ability to work morning, afternoon and/or overnight shifts including weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for up to 8 hours at a time, to kneel, stoop, climb stairs and reach above head as well as perform repetitive motions in connection with cleaning tasks.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and read written instructions especially as relates to cleaning products and SDS.
- Performs light and heavy cleaning tasks including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, and disposing of garbage.
- Restocks restrooms with supplies.
- Works safely, quickly and efficiently to meet all deadlines.
- Maintains a positive, outgoing demeanor and acknowledges guests in a friendly manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cleaning or event related experience preferred
- Basic understanding of how to use cleaning equipment
- Ability to operate scrubbers, buffers, carpet extractors, etc.
- Basic understanding of SDS
- Basic understanding of PPE
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.