CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES ASSISTANT
Richland Center Shopping News (A Divison of WCI)
Posted On 11/11/2022
- Effectively and accurately place advertisement for our customers
- Function as a support person for the advertising sales staff by acting as a contact person between Sales and the Client, Sales and Production, and the Client and Production.
- Communicate regularly with the Creative Manager to coordinate workflow, streamline efficiency, flag potential problems and otherwise assist in meeting client needs.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Assist walk-in customers with their job-printing needs including quoting, reproduction, scheduling
- Functions as an active participant in helping all departments achieve their goals through participative management and teamwork.
- Work efficiently and effectively with in-house staff, advertising clients and production department.
- Work in a team environment with internal and external members to accomplish deadline standards, quality control and a cohesive and efficient department.
- Assist in selling signature ad promotions and quarterly promotions.
- Assist classified advertising customers and enter classified advertising orders.
- In the absence of outside account executives, assist advertising customers.
- Coordinate ad flow of special projects as they become relevant.
- Assist in the development of Digital Advertising creation.
- Assist sales staff by handling phone contact to accounts on an incoming and outgoing basis.
- Prepare job printing tickets for Xpress printing.
- Process payments for prepaid and billed ads, job orders, counter sales, special event tickets and log payments in appropriate accounts.
- Correctly enter ad copy and billing information into the advertising system.
- Pre-proof and edit display ads for accuracy in size, punctuation, spelling, content and proper design.
- Performs building open/close procedures, as needed.
- Sorts incoming mail and prepares and delivers bank deposits, as needed.
- Updates all customer account information.
- Enters advertising agreements for Shopping News.
- Assists with collection calls at the 60-day delinquent mark.
- Prioritize work according to deadlines to ensure all projects are completed within assigned deadlines.
- Suggest and initiate, as appropriate, new methods and procedures to enhance the efficient operation of the department.
- Communicates with clients regarding print orders.
- Participates in company training programs.
- Participate in cross training to maintain a team environment.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events.
- Actively participate in the Great Game of Business.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Behavior: Work efficiently and effectively with all WCM employee owners to provide exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers. Creative. Self-directed, self-motivated and resourceful. Commitment to quality customer service on the phone and in person. Maintain valid drivers license. Appropriate dress.
Skills: Effective communicator both written and spoken, keyboarding skills with expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to create an ad from concept through final output. Ability and desire to work in a team environment to achieve group goals. Ability to communicate well with the public and co-workers. Ability to resolve conflict within the department. Capable of self-direction, works well with others, tactful, ethical. Presents a positive representation of the company and the organization in both actions and words. Adaptable to change.
Knowledge: High school diploma or equivalent or technical school plus six months or more equivalent experience. Customer service experience is preferred.