DuTrac Community Credit Union
Posted On 12/04/2023
Our mission at DuTrac is to be a trusted partner with our members to make a difference in their lives by working directly with each person to help them achieve their financial goals. Our staff provides excellent service to our members and builds long term relationships to make sure our members succeed in whatever those goals may be. Our Debt Counselors at DuTrac have the power to be the difference maker!
The primary role of a Debt Counselor is to counsel members and assist them in resolving delinquent payment situations; to preserve the credit union's assets by controlling delinquent loan accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments, initiating action necessary to collect on delinquent accounts and/or recovering collateral.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Contacts and counsels by phone and mail members who are delinquent in their payments; obtains satisfactory arrangements and determines financial ability to repay; takes appropriate action to bring current, including recommending extension agreements.
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers to determine if further action is necessary to protect the credit union against further losses; when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful, takes further actions, including the proper and legal repossession of collateral, maintenance, disposition of credit union collateral, and recommendations for charging off debt.
- Maintains accurate files and reports on all collections activity; utilizes on-line system to maintain current data.
- Coordinates the processing and filing of bankruptcy claims, the collection of charge off accounts, and any legal action on delinquent accounts.
- Communicates with other financial institutions, repossessors, attorneys, and the courts to solve problems and collect delinquent loans. Testifies at legal proceedings as required.Has knowledge of and follows credit union legal compliance and policies.
- Resolves credit reporting disputes.
Ideal candidates will have the following experience:
- One to three years of similar experience.
- Knowledge of lending process is helpful.
- Very organized and strong record keeping skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.DuTrac Community is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Integrity, Community, Engagement and Education are the qualities you will find in DuTrac's working environment. You will appreciate working in DuTrac's family- friendly culture that provides excellent opportunities for both personal and career growth while providing a competitive salary and benefits package. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM -5:30 PM.
Find out more about DuTrac and all of our open positions at www.dutrac.org/careers and apply today!!
DuTrac is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.