Thompson Truck & Trailer
Posted On 09/23/2022
Thompson Truck & Trailer is a local, family-owned, full-service commercial truck dealership serving customers across six locations in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois. We specialize in International and Isuzu Trucks, but have the parts and tools to work on all makes and models. We promote a team atmosphere and are driven by the success of our customers and employees. Have experience working on diesels? Don't have experience with diesels but have auto experience? We're interested in both! We've got work to keep the most experienced mechanics challenged as well as the desire to develop entry level technicians. Our maintenance and repair work includes engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical, steering and cooling systems.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. We pay for performance. A $1,500 sign-on bonus is available ($750 upon hire, $750 after 90 days) as well as efficiency bonuses once you're onboarded. Apply today to share your experience with us!
- Perform maintenance, diagnostic and repair procedures in accordance with dealer and factory quality standards.
- Diagnose repair requirements to include error codes, salvageable parts, warranty eligibility, and scope of work.
- Communicate with Service Advisor/Service Foreman regarding parts requirements, warranty information, and customer preferences before beginning repairs.
- Utilize OEM resources to research repair procedures, troubleshooting steps, and warranty instructions.
- Perform repairs efficiently and accurately, working in a safe manner. Demonstrate discretion in knowing when to utilize resources available for troubleshooting and when to seek help.
- Communicate with Service Advisor/Service Foreman regarding unexpected repairs or issues that weren't outlined on the repair order.
- Identify recommended preventive measures and communicate to the Service Advisor/Service Foreman.
- Check work for accuracy including road testing vehicles when needed.
- Adhere to department policies including warranty parts, timekeeping of work by job, and written repair explanations.
- Attend factory-sponsored off-site training and complete online training courses as required and available to consistently learn and gain new skills.
- Clean work area when needed and upon completing a job to maintain a safe work environment.
- High School diploma or GED
- Provide own set of tools to perform work (Thompson has a tool assistance program available)
- Physical demands of this job are classified as Light to Medium: exerting 16 to 50 pounds of force or lifting occasionally, and/or 10 to 15 pounds of force or lifting frequently to move objects.
Thompson Truck and Trailer offers a competitive benefits package to include: Group medical, dental, vision, life, disability, life, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays with no waiting period, and tuition reimbursement.
Visit us here: https://www.thompsontruck.com/
Thompson Truck and Trailer is proud to be an EEO employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for career opportunities at our company.