Diesel Technician - Dubuque
Thompson Truck & Trailer
Posted On 07/21/2023
Thompson Truck & Trailer is a local, family-owned, full-service commercial truck dealership serving customers across six locations in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois. We specialize in International and Isuzu Trucks, but have the parts and tools to work on all makes and models. We promote a team atmosphere and are driven by the success of our customers and employees.
- Perform maintenance, diagnostic and repair procedures in accordance with dealer and factory quality standards.
- Diagnose repair requirements to include error codes, salvageable parts, warranty eligibility, and scope of work.
- Communicate with Service Advisor/Foreman regarding parts requirements, warranty information, and customer preferences before beginning repairs.
- Utilize OEM resources to research repair procedures, troubleshooting steps, and warranty instructions.
- Perform repairs efficiently and accurately, working in a safe manner. Demonstrate discretion in knowing when to utilize resources available for troubleshooting and when to seek help.
- Communicate with Service Advisor/Service Foreman regarding unexpected repairs or issues that weren't outlined on the repair order.
- Identify recommended preventive measures and communicate to the Service Advisor/Service Foreman.
- Check work for accuracy including road testing vehicles when needed.
- Adhere to department policies including warranty parts, timekeeping of work by job, and written repair explanations.
- Attend factory-sponsored off-site training and complete online training courses as required and available to consistently learn and gain new skills.
- Clean work area when needed and upon completing a job to maintain a safe work environment.
- High School diploma or GED
- Provide own set of tools to perform work (Thompson has a tool assistance program available)
- Physical demands of this job are classified as Light to Medium: exerting 16 to 50 pounds of force or lifting occasionally, and/or 10 to 15 pounds of force or lifting frequently to move objects.
- Paid holidays and PTO accrual starts on day one.
- Local, family-owned company with family values in everything we do.
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance available the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Company paid life insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.