Director of Accounting
Cottingham & Butler/ SISCO
Posted On 11/20/2023
Director of Accounting
This position requires you to work in our Dubuque, IA office.
We are seeking a visionary and strategic Director of Accounting to bring their expertise and passion to Cottingham & Butler Claims Services (CBCS), a Third Party Claims Administrator headquartered in Dubuque, IA. As the Director of Accounting with CBCS, you will help drive financial strategies that power our future growth.
- Directly oversee all aspects of Accounting for a national TPA to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of financial information.
- Provide thought leadership within the leadership team and department relating to strategy, innovation, financial systems and controls, and efficiency opportunities.
- Identify and implement efficiency opportunities within our accounting processes and monitor changes through to completion and expected ROI. Partner with CBCS IT, Compliance, and Operational Teams to drive adoption of new processes and technologies.
- Maintain and oversee all accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts receivable, carrier and client bank accounts, and financial related data. Ensure accounts and variances are accurately managed and controlled.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and accounting standards.
- Serve as key financial leader and liaison responsible for receivable and relationship management, partnering with internal and external business partners (carriers, clients, account management, IT, auditors, etc.).
- Be a key member of the senior leadership team in assessing goal performance and setting of annual goals. Ensure goals appropriately cascade from the practice into the varying departments.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing accounting team, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- 7+ years of experience in an Accounting/Finance role.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Experience in insurance and/or claim operations preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Strong leadership skills, technical accounting skills, and analytical skills.
- Strong skills with Excel and other analytics technologies.
- Good presentation skills and comfortable presenting to small and large groups.
About the company
At Cottingham & Butler Claims Services, we sell a promise to help our clients through life’s toughest moments. To ensure we keep that promise, we hold ourselves to a set of principles that we believe position our clients and our company for long-term success. Our Guiding Principles are not just words on paper; they are a promise we make to ourselves and our clients.
These principles have become a driving force of our culture and share many common themes with the values of our clients. First, we hire and develop amazing people that have an insatiable desire to succeed, are committed to learning, and thrive on challenge. Secondly, we pride ourselves on serving our clients best interest through quality service, innovative solutions, and constantly evaluating our performance. Third, we have embraced and are guided by the theme of “better every day” constantly pushing ourselves to be better than yesterday. Ultimately, we get more energy from the future we are creating for our people, our clients, and our company than from our past success.
As an organization, we are very optimistic about the future and have incredibly high expectations for our people and our performance. We also understand that our growth is fueled by becoming better, not bigger – growth funds investments in new resources to better serve our clients and provide the career opportunities our employees want and deserve. This is why we are a growth company and why we are committed to being better every day.
Do you think this might be a fit for you? Send us your resume – we’d love to talk!