Director of Marketing and Sales
Posted On 11/29/2022
Medical Associates is hiring a Director of Sales and Marketing to join our management team!
Where You Will Be Working:
Medical Associates Clinic and Health Plans is a multi-specialty group practice combined with a growing health insurance company. Our 1,100 healthcare and health insurance professionals lead the way in providing quality healthcare and top-notch insurance products in Northeast Iowa, Southwest Wisconsin, and Northwest and South Central Illinois. This position is an onsite position located at the Medical Associates Health Plans in Dubuque, Iowa.
What You Will Be Doing:
As the Director of Sales and Marketing, you will lead sales and retention, strategic marketing and communications initiatives for the company. You will be responsible for directing all sales and retention for our TPA, commercial and Medicare products; developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships; lead marketing operations and a broad set of marketing projects across our health plan, clinic and other subsidiaries; develop strategy and communications; establish critical sales processes and metrics; and support a broad set of corporate objectives through effective marketing and launch campaigns.
You will oversee the deliverables of content required for group and member/patient sales and engagement, including but not limited to digital, Email, direct mail, social, public relations, and search marketing.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and develop a high-performing sales and marketing teams
- Deliver business results by consulting, developing, and executing marketing projects that drive member engagement adoption and utilization
- Participate in and contribute to various initiative workgroups
- Work with Sales to establish sales targets for assigned territory
- Develop sales and business development strategies; meet and exceed sales targets
- Monitor market performance of products and assesses competitors' activities within assigned territory
- Utilize metrics to evaluate Broker performance and communicate results
- Develop recommendations on marketplace dynamics, including, but not limited to: broker compensation; compliance; and competition
- Direct and coordinate activities and operations of multi-function sales and marketing areas to accomplish corporate outreach initiatives and regularly evaluate and report results
- Distill complex business concepts into clear, concise, and compelling value propositions, positioning, and messaging
- Drive strategic content creation and market execution for B2B and B2C growth strategies to accelerate client and customer acquisition, retain profitable business and upsell/cross-sell to maximize customer lifetime value
- Provide hands on guidance on the most complex marketing issues
- Develop and implement metrics to report and monitor progress against goals and implement changes to effect improvement, and/or react to a change in the organization or industry
- Hire, train, coach, counsel, and evaluate the performance of direct reports
Skills you bring:
- Dynamic, resourceful leader who brings an entrepreneurial spirit to deliver sales and marketing initiatives that drive results, persuade and influence others, and adapt to changing business conditions.
- Presentation development and multi-taskings skills
- CRM experience (preferably with Salesforce) is preferred
- Highly articulate when communicating and engenders credibility with interactions; must be able to influence across all levels of the organization, from team to the executive level
- Action oriented, hands-on and with demonstrated experience in an innovative, fast-paced, performance-oriented environment
- Robust understanding of financial performance and business acumen
Benefits Package is Worth Over $20,000 and Includes:
- Competitive compensation package including base and commissions with generous benefit program and relocation
- Single or Family Health Insurance with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation.
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Dental Insurance, etc.
Knowledge & Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with course work in sales, marketing, business administration, social services or related area. Masters degree preferred.
Experience: Five to ten years of similar or related experience. Experience in business development and healthcare sales /healthcare marketing required. Managed care/insurance preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, and/is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important (vendor reps, labs, offices, hospital, etc.) and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Reaching - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Repetitive Motions - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.