Document Processing Specialist
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Posted On 01/03/2023
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
The Document Processing Specialist is accountable for the preparation, scanning, and verification of medical record documents for integration into the electronic patient record. The Document Processing Specialist ensures medical records are processed in accordance with standardized HIM system wide guidelines. In addition, the Document Processing Specialist is responsible for communicating all issues that impact quality or timely integration of the documents into the patient’s electronic record.
This position is located onsite at Dubuque Finley.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
- Accurately prepare paper medical records for scanning following standardized HIM system wide prep guidelines.
- Scans paper medical records into the electronic health record using a scanning device.
- Accurately Indexes and verifies medical record images into the electronic health record following standardized HIM system wide document type guidelines.
- Responsible for the verification batches of scanned medical record images are released into theappropriate quality review queue or committed into the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Monitors and processes images from network file sweep folders.
- Meet quality and productivity standards.
- Upon request assist in the training of new hires by utilizing operational knowledge of prepping, scanning, and indexing processes.
- Responsible for communication and reporting any system or workflow issues to appropriate leadership or team members.
- Upon request, performs quality control and processing of reports.
- Retrieves paper documents from defined patient care locations.
- Promptly answers office phone calls or assists with phone coverage.
- Frequently monitors incoming department faxes, as necessary.
- Responds to and fulfills continuation of care requests, as necessary.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Previous work history in health information services/medical records department.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
- Keyboarding skills with a minimum of 35 words per minutes at 95% accuracy and 10 key skills at 8,000 keys per hour with 98% accuracy
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Adheres to privacy and confidentiality policies for all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and work in an organized, efficient, and process-oriented manner.
- Possesses good problem-solving skills in reasoning through work related issues.
- Exhibits excellent oral communication skills and the ability to interact with customers and team members with diverse education, life style and back grounds in accordance to the facilities mission, vision and values.
- Area of Interest: HIM and Coding;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0;
- Department: Health Information Management;
- Shift: Monday- Friday, Days;
- Job ID: 126162;