Driver Payroll Coordinator
Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc.
Posted On 12/05/2023
For 80+ years, Hirschbach Motor Lines has built a sterling reputation for delivering time and temperature sensitive freight. Today, the organization runs two forward facing brands (Hirschbach & John Christner Trucking (JCT)) which generate a combined $1.2 billion in revenue and have become the 2nd largest refrigerated carrier in North America. We are a veteran owned company with over 30% of employees being veterans.
The companies collectively provide the highest level of service in the industry and offer a breadth of services to our customers. Hirschbach & JCT have a tenured history paired with a future of growth and opportunity.
Hirschbach is currently seeking a Driver Payroll Coordinator to join our team of payroll professionals. Our payroll team partners with both Hirschbach operators and operation team members to provide detailed and accurately processed payroll services to our team of operators.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes loads for driver payroll and settlement through the Trip Jacket module of TMI; including verification of appropriate pay, deductions, reimbursements and fuel card transactions.
- Sets up accounts for new owner operators in preparation for settlements.
- Tracks owner operator and company assets.
- Updates and modifies, as necessary, the applicable master files to maintain current and accurate information.
- Communicates with company drivers and owner operators, other departments and management personnel on questions and issues as needed.
- Prepares the weekly payroll/settlement to company drivers/owner operators, including processing pay transactions, auditing work, contacting drivers and other departments for clarification, and mailing supporting documentation.
- Processes owner operators who have terminated their contracts with the company in such a way that their settlements are paid in a timely manner, consistent with the terms of their contract and with regards to protecting company assets and resources.
- Maintains physical and electronic files that support the goals of the company and the department.
- Assists other settlement coordinators in their functions as may be necessary due to absences or workload, or for training newly hired associates.
- Other duties as assigned including proactively assisting others in achieving the organization’s objectives.
Talent Requirements and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent in education, paired with relevant professional experience.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy and energy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Computer proficiency and ability to navigate between multiple programs.
- Demonstrates an "All In to Win" attitude and performances displays self-motivation and a strong desire to learn within an unpredictable and demanding environment
Pay & Benefits:
- Opportunity to earn bonus incentives!
- Full comprehensive benefit plan, includes medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, and more voluntary elections!
- Paid Time Off earned within your first year
- 160 Work From Home Hours after 1 year of service
Corporate Dubuque Office Perks:
- Our fitness funplex with full gym, onsite free fitness instructor and yoga classes. Bonus perk with indoor pickle ball and basketball courts
- Weekly on-site chiropractor and massage therapist
- Weekly on-site barber
- On-site daily coffee truck, salad/soup bar and lunch service
- Casual work environment with tremendous upward potential