Clinical Cardiac Echo Tech/Ultrasonographer - Full or Part-Time - $3,000 Bonus Opportunity!
Posted On 05/29/2023
Medical Associates Clinic Cardiology Department is hiring an Ultrasonographer to perform Cardiac Echo procedures in a high volume department! This position can be full-time or part-time. No weekends, no holidays, no call!
Schedule: Ultrasonographers cover hours Monday through Friday between 7:30 am to 5:00 pm. We are open to exploring full-time or part-time schedules.
Location: East Campus
$3,000 Bonus Opportunity!
As a newly hired full-time Ultrasonographer, you may be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses!
- $1,000 bonus paid after satisfactory completion of your 90 day introductory period
- $1,000 bonus paid after completion of your 1st successful year
- $1,000 bonus paid after completion of your 2nd successful year
Competitive pay with full-time benefits package worth $20,000!
- Single or Family Health Insurance with discounted premium rates for wellness program participation.
- 401k with immediate matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of pay + additional annual Profit Sharing)
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program (24 days off/year)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage, Short Term Disability Coverage, Dental Insurance, etc.
- Perform clinical assessment and diagnostic cardiac imaging to department policies and procedure as requested by the ordering physician; recognize and understand the pathophysiologic changes as detected by ultrasound to perform preliminary assessment for the interpreting radiologist/physician.
- Perform and document a complete patient history as it relates to the procedure ordered inclusive of pertinent clinical indications; review exam procedure with the patient and answer any pertinent questions related to the exam.
- Review images for technical quality and diagnostic usefulness; process and store images for physician interpretation and permanent archiving.
- Perform necessary equipment calibrations and maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer; monitor and maintain appropriate supplies for the department.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience. Three or more years preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates with outstanding communication, excellent teamwork skills, three or more years of experience, and some Cerner and PACS experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree. Certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or CCI registered.
Other Skills: Ultrasound units/equipment, PACS, Cerner, table, wheelchair, Hoyer lift and interventional/invasive instruments.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Stooping - Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Fingering - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
Grasping - Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sound with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
Vision - 20 / 40 or better in the best eye with or without correction.
Repetitive Motions - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds force constantly to move objects.
Medical Associates Clinic & Health Plans is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, or other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.