Engineer - Product Development (PD)
Posted On 06/22/2022
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Engineer - Product Development (PD)
This position is eligible for a partial telework arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As an Engineer for John Deere Construction and Forestry (C&F) located in Dubuque, Iowa you will design structural and sheet metal components for Excavator Machine forms. In addition, you will:
- The development will be done in a Product Development (PD) Team Environment that this engineer will be a member of and will be expected to provide leadership for in their functional area
- The PD team will include members from Deere Dubuque, Deere Pune, Deere Tianjin, and various outside suppliers
- Support Production launches, PD Physical Builds at our factories around the world and problem resolution in the field
- Contribute to product design guidelines for Excavators
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Basic design skills in the area of structures or sheet metal design
- Experience with 3D modeling packages and modeling tools
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Ability and willingness to work outside of core business hours due to the international aspects of the product program
- Ability to travel up to 25% both domestic and internationally
What Makes You Stand Out
- Direct excavator machine form experience
- Experience designing sheet metal enclosures
- Basic understanding of GD&T
- Mandarin language skills
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.