Engineer - Noise, Vibration, and Harshness
Posted On 05/25/2023
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Dubuque
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Engineer - Noise, Vibration, and Harshness - 98523
As an Engineer - Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) for JD Dubuque Works, located in Dubuque, IA, you will:
- Work with product groups to develop and meet NVH goals for machines and components
- Plan and execute noise and vibration testing on C&F equipment
- Analyze and interpret NVH data to meet project goals; proactively utilize predictive tools to address NVH concerns
- Support NVH facility and tool maintenance activities
VISA Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Basic understanding of noise and vibration concepts (preferably some formal training)
- Basic experience with field and/or lab data collection experience
- Background in digital signal processing and data analysis
- Working knowledge of Siemens Test Lab, HeadAcoustics Artemis, nCode, and/or MATLAB software packages
- Knowledge of NVH regulations and test procedures for construction and forestry equipment
What Makes You Stand Out
- Predictive methods experience utilizing Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Boundary Element Method (BEM), or Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA)
- Experience with hydraulics, cooling, and isolation systems
- Basic Creo (Pro-E) knowledge
- Master’s degree in Engineering with NVH emphasis
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) with one year of relevant experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.