Posted On 07/12/2022
Blackrock Fabrication, Inc. has an opening for a Full-time Fabrication Supervisor to join our growing Team.
The Fabrication Supervisor is responsible for planning, directing, and managing the layout, fabrication, production, assembly, installation, and welding of various metal parts and providing direction and support for daily operational activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises Welding, Laser cutting, sawing and Press Brake machines and operators.
- Assign and explain work or tasks to be performed by subordinates.
- Directs the flow of materials to the proper machine or department, and through to completion.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Monitor workers during production activities to ensure adherence to safety procedures.
- Audit finished products to ensure quality, and that industry standards are met before they are declared ready for use.
- Ensures that the proper tooling and material are being used.
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality, making recommendations for maintenance or replacement of machines
- Study, evaluate, and re-design processes; implementing changes and improvements, improving quality, safety and workflow.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Manufacturing related experience including Supervisory or Leadership capacity.
- Practical experience including mechanical, welding, metal fabrication, etc.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent employee and human relations skills.
- Computer skills with ability to learn and use company specific systems.
Some physical effort is required which may involve long periods of standing, walking, bending, or similar activities as well as lifting or moving items weighing up to 50 pounds.
To apply, send resume to:
Blackrock Fabrication, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
2400 Kerper Blvd.
Dubuque, IA 52001
Call or Text 563-599-2033