FULFILLMENT TEAM LEAD
Engineering Services and Products Company
Posted On 02/27/2024
This is a working leadership position. While there are daily leadership duties within this position, there may also be time spent processing parts depending on the needs of the department. As a member of the department’s leadership team, you will provide assistance as required. This is a safety sensitive position because this is a working team lead role. This individual will be using a variety of power and hand tools, forklifts and other machinery or equipment as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess work order requirements to determine staffing needs and priorities.
- Delegate and prioritize orders to the work cells as directed by Fulfillment Supervisor or Manager
- Responsible for implementing company policies, procedures, and initiatives relative to production and supervision goals
- Communicate with Fulfillment Supervisor or Manager to discuss quality issues or concerns
- Train new team members in all phases of fulfillment duties including completing checklists and communicating progress to Fulfillment Supervisor and Manager
- Coach and mentor new hires and other team members
- Fulfill orders alongside team members and be flexible to work in all other work cells to meet shipping goals
- Enforce safety regulations and report safety concerns to the Fulfillment Supervisor or Manager.
- Be a champion of the lean initiatives and collaborate with continuous improvement team to implement initiatives
- Foster a collaborative, positive and team-oriented work environment
- Be a positive contributor of the strategic plan initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control system
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to supervising employees
- Ability to coordinate complex activities
- Thorough knowledge of all equipment and processes used in fulfilling orders.
- Ability to operate all equipment and machines
- Ability to respond to complex demands
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be forklift certified through company related training if needed
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Computer experience required
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Skilled at interpersonal communication including conflict resolution
- Skilled at problem solving and organizational skills
- Skilled at interpreting and reading blueprints and engineering specifications
- Skilled at planning and organizing activities
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Two years of experience preferred.
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and action. Models high standards of ethics.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations.
- Oral Communication: Make clear and convincing oral presentations. Listen effectively; clarify information as needed. Voice opinions in a constructive and professional manner.
- Listening: Understands and learns from what others say.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information.
- Accountability & Dependability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others.
- Adaptability: Responds to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behavior to better fit different situations; consistently exhibits optimism and energy; learns new skills, performs work in different ways.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have excellent measuring skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to lifting, the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside mostly however, this person may be outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position. ,