GREENHOUSE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Engineering Services and Products Company
Posted On 02/24/2024
This candidate must be a self starter who has knowledge of the complexities of a construction design environment. Candidate must be able to function as part of an engineering team as well as work closely with and advise design staff. Must have sufficient understanding of project execution and design engineering to thoroughly define project scope and determine budget estimations for the civil/structural portion of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate structural steel design including building and some foundation elements.
- Designing and engineering glass greenhouse structures
- Perform calculations to ensure proper component design at both the part and structural levels.
- Write specifications to ensure applicable building codes are met.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Experience with RISA-3D, RAM Advanse/Elements, CASTA or similar Structural Engineering software a plus.
- Specialization in greenhouse structural design is desired.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude, willing and able to research and learn complex topics with minimal guidance
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple activities/projects
- Must have strong communication skills with an ability to effectively manage conflict
- Experience with project scheduling and management of multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in teams or alone
- Able to maintain a results oriented demeanor in a fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Experience with greenhouse structural design preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to use sound judgement with good mechanical aptitude and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20-50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will primarily be in an office environment but may be exposed to work in manufacturing or warehouse areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be louder in the production/warehouse areas.