Home Care Aide
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Posted On 11/14/2022
We are looking for a PRN, Homecare Aide, to join our team! Work hours will vary per required need of the department. You will be required to work a minimum of (1) 8 hour shift per month. This position is eligible for a 10% PRN differential on all hours worked.
The Home Care Aide delivers high quality, direct care to home care patients in their residence to assist the interdisciplinary team in achieving patient outcomes and providing an exceptional patient experience.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Patient Care/Care Coordination
- Provides services that are ordered by a physician, included in the plan of care, permitted to be performed by home care aides within state laws, and consistent with the home health aide training.
- Provides hands-on care (bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, skin care, range of motion) as assigned within the patient’s plan of care
- Performs simple procedures with the patient as an extension of therapy or nursing services.
- Assists in patient ambulation or exercises.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to individualized care plan under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Therapist.
- Uses equipment and supplies safety, effectively and efficiently.
- Completes documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Observes, records and reports patient changes to the Case Manager. Notifies case manager of any changes to patient’s home environment/living conditions.
- Communicates with RN and other professional disciplines to ensure coordinated care.
- Creates successful interpersonal relationships with patients and family members while maintaining personal and professional boundaries.
Home Care Performance Criteria
- Delivers quality care and completes clear, concise and accurate clinical documentation of care provision in accordance with home health conditions of participation (CoPs), various payer home health coverage criteria, accreditation standards, professional standards for discipline/credential and the home health plan of care.
- Uses appropriate infection control procedures and safety measure to protect employees and patients.
- Participates in case conferences, in-service programs and other meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in quality assurance/performance improvement (QAPI) activities, as assigned.
- Communicates professionally, effectively and timely to all team members and co-workers and responds to all communication in a timely manner including, but not limited to e-mails, phone communication and meeting follow-up responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with team members, patients and family members while maintain personal and professional boundaries.
- Maintains productivity standards as defined by home care supervisor.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School diploma or GED
· Completion of a nursing assistant program with a minimum of 75 hours with no continuous period of 24 months without compensation for home care aide/nursing assistant work since completion.
One year of prior experience working with older adults in a health care setting
· Three or more years of prior experience working with older adults in a health care setting
· Prior experience with documentation in an electronic health record.
· Valid certification, if required by state(s) where employed and providing care.
· CPR Certification
· Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
· Valid, licensed driver, with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements
CNA certification and on the Iowa Direct
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Proficiency with computer applications
· Ability to work as a collaborative team member across service lines
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Maintains a reliable mode of transportation and has the ability to drive safely during all day and night hours and in all types of inclement weather
Other: Continuing Education Requirements
· A minimum of 12-hours of age-specific in-service training under the supervision of a RN annually. Content must include:
o Emergency Preparedness Plan
o How to handle patient and caregiver complaints/grievances
o Infection control
o Cultural diversity
o Communication barriers
o Ethics training
o OSHA, workplace and patient safety
o Patient rights and responsibilities
o Compliance program
· CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
· Mandatory Reporter Education (per state regulation)
- Area of Interest: Nursing Aides, Assistants, and Techs;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: .01;
- Department: SN Visits- Home Care;
- Shift: PRN, as needed.;
- Job ID: 121475;