Theisen Home Farm Auto
Posted On 04/28/2022
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
Location: Dubuque Corporate Office
The HR Assistant is responsible for processing all payroll functions on a professional and confidential level. Will work in payroll software to accurately process, report and/or adjust hours, deductions, benefits and wage related items such as evaluations, garnishments, etc. The HR Assistant will also be responsible for unemployment claims, employment verifications, and entering in new hires for all Theisen's locations. Will serve as a back up to the HR Manager for all related paperwork involving FMLA and Worker's Compensation. Will work closely with others in the HR department. Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates degree in business related field
- Experience: Previous experience using payroll and electronic timekeeping systems preferred.
- Enters, maintains, and/or process information in the payroll system; information may include associates hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Enter payroll data such as new hires, terminations, transfers, and other information changes in the payroll system.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, and other deductions.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits.
- Verify all managers approve payroll prior to beginning weekly processing; contact managers regarding any missed punches, or questionable or incorrect hours.
- Prepares and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Compile required reports from payroll system software for proper distribution.
- Report new hires to the appropriate state.
- Review I-9 form and maintain I-9 files.
- Process employment verification and unemployment claims for all locations.
- Performs customer service functions by answering associate requests and questions.
- Maintains the maintenance of associate records.
- Prepares monthly birthday card distributions.
- Assist others in the HR department with various projects.
- Other duties assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point, as well as knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
- Experience in Dayforce or other HRIS preferred but not required
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as wage increases, percentages, etc.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Sufficient knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles to accurately maintain records
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively express ideas or instructions to others
- Ability to professionally interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to clearly express self in reports, memos and other written communications
- Excellent attention to detail and able to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Interpersonal skills including enthusiasm, courtesy, empathy, flexibility, and patience
- Possess a positive attitude, good listening skills and an outgoing personality
Part Time and Full Time eligible for:
- Competitive match on 401K
- PTO, holiday, and birthday-off pay
- Associate discount and many other benefits
Full Time also eligible for:
- Health, dental, vision, flexible spending account
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
Frequent physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, dexterity, and light grasping. Occasional physical demands include lifting up to 25 lbs., bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, squatting, climbing stairs and firmly grasping. The employee is required to accept incoming calls and must be able to hear and speak. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent to perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently. The associate must have the manual dexterity to manually operate and use a computer and other basic office equipment.
Work Environment and Working Conditions
This position will be performed inside a climate-controlled office facility. The noise level is low to medium and typical of an office environment. Potential hazards include electrical hazards. Atmospheric conditions are typical of an office environment and may include exposure to odors and dust.
Theisen’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class.