Human Resources Business Partner
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Posted On 10/31/2022
We are looking for a full-time, HR Business Partner, to join our Human Resources department. Work hours will be days, Monday - Friday, for 80 hours per pay period, and as needed.
The HR Business Partner acts as a strategic partner to the business by embedding HR strategy into day-to-day work and providing professional HR guidance and support to leaders with the objective of adding value to the business. This role will help leaders identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes to achieve business outcomes. They will also collaborate with the HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to execute and develop strategies that effectively foster a high performing workplace within the enterprise and business unit.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Business Acumen/ Strategic Consulting
- Maintains a deep understanding of the business strategy, direction, challenges, and needs. Leverages this knowledge to support and help leaders define HR and business solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
- Builds an understanding of the external business environment in which the enterprise/business unit operates, including an awareness of competitors, external market forces and relevant trends.
- Participates in the development of HR business strategies to drive key business results.
- Builds business cases for HR projects and initiatives.
- Maintains an enterprise-thinking perspective when making business decisions.
- Leads the implementation of defined HR business solutions (projects); manages project within allotted time and budget.
- Coach leaders in developing proactive and strategic workforce plans.
- Partner with leaders of leaders, ensuring they are using people-focused tools and resources to help front-line leaders improve operational performance.
- Partner with the HR COEs and act as a conduit for all high visibility HR initiatives within the business unit.
- Ensure leaders are informed and understand enterprise and business unit HR initiatives.
- Fosters and promotes culture of inclusiveness and belonging within the organization.
- Provides mentoring/training on cultural trends and practices to all levels of the organization.
- Analyze the impact of the applicable collective bargaining agreements on organizational initiatives and objectives and develop possible strategies that achieve organizational and enterprise-wide objectives withing contractual and legal parameters.
- Develop recommended bargaining strategies, utilizing demographic, compensation, and other necessary data, to achieve operational goals and objectives, within financial limits of authority.Ensure leaders and team members have a deep understanding of the enterprise labor relations strategy and support ongoing education, including interpretation and administration of the applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Understands, follows, and ensures compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and organizational policies and provides guidance accordingly.
- Support leaders in forecasting and planning for talent pipeline requirements in alignment with the business strategy.
- Participates in the development of a plan for managing talent within the confines of the labor market (workforce planning, succession planning, talent reviews).
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with leaders.
- Assist leaders with providing team members with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
- Ensures leaders are educated and trained about core talent management processes (Performance management, engagement survey, DEI initiatives, retention programs, learning and development offerings, etc.)
- Monitors and ensures team members within the business unit are fairly and equitably evaluated and rewarded.
- Consult and coach leaders and participate in high-risk or director and above employee relations issues.
- Develop a deep understanding of the culture and take actions to ensure team members and leaders act in accordance with our FOCUS values.
- Consult and coach leaders on the employee engagement survey results and support action planning.
- Consult and coach front-line managers on resources available to improve overall retention and engagement.
- Provide professional and career mentorship to leaders and team members.
- Manage and facilitate difficult interactions among key organizational stakeholders, leaders, and team members to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Understand and solicit the team member and leader opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns.
- Act as a liaison between the leaders and COEs to ensure HR services are aligned with the needs of the business.
- Leverage a “One HR” mindset in collaborating across HR to deliver a global, unified experience for the business.
- Understand HR metrics used by UnityPoint Health and identify trends that require action within assigned service line/departments.
- Partner with leaders to understand metrics most critical to the business.
- Leverage data to forecast current and future talent needs.
- Use data to influence and make decisions.
- Serves as Change Champion for cultural and change initiatives.
- Consult and coach leaders to implement change based on proven change management techniques and the UPH model of change.
- Seek ways to proactively improve organizational processes and outcomes.
- Identify new opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Maintain knowledge of progress HR practices and key trends.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or related field
Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management or related field
Five (5) years of combined proven experience in an HR Business Partner/business consultation role within multiple HR functional areas and/or employee/labor relations.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
SHRM-CP, SHRM S-CP, PHR, SPHR or related certification.
· Substantial business acumen
· Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
· Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
· Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
· Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data
· Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis
· Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
· Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences
· Effective team player and networker
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
· Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position. Travel may also be required.
- Area of Interest: Human Resources;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0;
- Department: Human Resources;
- Shift: Days, Monday - Friday, for 80 hours per pay period.;
- Job ID: 122610;