Industrial Maintenance Technician Trainee
Progressive Processing, LLC- A Hormel Company
Posted On 05/22/2023
Responsibilities: The primary role of the Industrial Maintenance Technician Trainee is to continuously improve the reliability, efficiency, and utilization of plant equipment and manufacturing processes. This is accomplished by utilizing mechanical and electrical expertise in the precise installation, maintenance, and repair of plant systems and equipment followed by concise and accurate documentation of all activities and observations. Incumbent must be willing to join a team environment and perform other tasks as assigned. This position is a developmental role and the individual must fully complete the program to be promoted to a Level 8 Industrial Maintenance Technician (Please see the accompanying Program Description).
In order to apply for participation in the Industrial Maintenance Technician Trainee program the following criteria must be met:
- Minimum 6 months of service at Progressive Processing LLC.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Progressive Processing, LLC maintenance exam.
- Most recent Performance Review rating is “Meeting Expectations” or above.
- Not on a Performance Improvement Plan or Attendance Probation during the past 6 months.
- No Second Warnings or Final Notices issued during the past 6 months for work performance.
Qualified personnel, who have expressed interest in participation in the Industrial Maintenance Technician Trainee program, will be selected for participation based on the following criteria, in order of precedence as follows:
- Previous Experience – preference will be granted to those who have work experience related to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and process systems. Knowledge in these areas will be assessed through formal testing administered by Progressive Processing, LLC (maintenance exam).
- Formal Training – preference will be granted to those based on the number completed courses within the Industrial Maintenance Technician curriculum or equivalent.
- Job Assignment – preference will be granted to those that are currently assigned to higher skill level positions and have demonstrated successful performance of the job assigned.
- Length of Service – all other criteria equal between candidates, preference will be granted to the technician with greatest length of service.Progressive Processing, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.