INTERN - AUTOMATION AND PROCESS
Engineering Services and Products Company (FarmTek)
Posted On 03/18/2023
This candidate must be a self starter who can excel in a fast-paced design environment. Candidate must be able to function as part of an engineering team as well as work closely with and advise design staff. Must have a sufficient understanding of project execution and design engineering to execute the project scope. This position will support the research, design, develop method of manufacture and required tooling with an emphasis on creating processes and programming our robots and CNC machinery. Position requires strong analytical ability with emphasis on problem solving. Must be able to analyze a problem, recommend a solution, and drive the implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with engineering, continuous improvement team and manufacturing personnel to improve the utilization of our robots and CNC machinery.
- Create processes, programs and tooling to implement and improve our use of automation.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing team and Engineering to ensure production goals are met while adhering to design requirements.
- Provide creative and cost saving ideas to improve product design or manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques and work with manufacturing personnel to improve design details and ensure efficient manufacturability of designs.
- Able to work on multiple projects while maintaining efficiency and organization.
- Understands department metrics and works towards metric goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working with MS Office and web browsers required.
- E10 ERP (Electronic Resource Processing) system preferred.
- Experience with at least one these CAD software packages: Inventor, Creo, (SolidWorks or Tekla preferred) (AutoCad or DraftSite is a bonus).
- Experience with robotic programing, CNC programming and general automation for manufacturing.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude, willing and able to research and learn complex topics with guidance.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple activities/projects while maintaining quality standards and consistency.
- Must have strong communication skills with a professional attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction and work through design issues as teams or alone.
- Able to maintain a results-oriented focus in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience
Pursuit of a Degree in a Mechanical, Structural, Robotics or Agricultural Design discipline.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to use sound judgement with good mechanical aptitude and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20-50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will primarily be in an office environment but may be exposed to work in manufacturing or warehouse areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be louder in the production/warehouse areas.