INTERN - CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
Engineering Services and Products Company
Posted On 11/07/2023
Industrial Engineering Intern (IEI) Job Description
The IEI reports to the Continuous Improvement Manager and works in conjunction with the Continuous Improvement Department on current projects. The IEI will help monitor our current operations and determine more efficient production processes. The IEI's responsibilities include analyzing operations, improving workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet established quality standards. Current projects include, but are not limited to, lean projects in 5S, Standard Work, the development of MDI processes, and facility layout/reconfiguration.
Industrial Engineering Intern (IEI) Responsibilities:
- Support Lean initiatives (5S, MDI, workflow, standard work)
- Improve production processes to maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Develop and implement process and methods improvements.
- Performing time studies and defining production standards.
- Developing and maintaining process documentation such as standard work, written work instructions, and control plans.
- Participating in special projects supporting the business as required
Industrial Engineering Intern (IEI) Knowledge and Skill Qualifications:
- Working toward a degree in industrial engineering or related field.
- Relevant work experience desired.
- Experience with robotic programing, CNC programming and general automation for manufacturing.
- Knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards.
- Must have the ability to understand and apply lean concepts, data analysis techniques, and project management principles to drive process and project efficiency.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Documentation and organization skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD.