INTERN - R&D
Engineering Services and Products Company
Posted On 11/07/2023
A successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing a broad array of structural and agriculture related products to meet specific customer needs. This position requires a demonstrated proficiency in 3D design software (SolidWorks preferred) which will be used extensively in this position. This person would be responsible for producing quick and accurate drawings and models and delivering projects on time. Must be able to manage complex projects including researching, designing and/or developing methods and materials which will increase operational efficiency. Position requires strong analytical ability with emphasis on problem solving. Must be able to analyze a problem, recommend a solution and drive the implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in project calls and meetings to understand the needs of a customer
- Utilize CAD software tools to create building blueprints including overall layouts and all relevant construction details.
- Utilize CAD modeling to develop new components and products, create part and assembly drawings for manufacturing.
- Develop practical solutions to unique challenges posed by a customers requirements.
- Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas to improve product design.
- Work with manufacturing personnel, both internal and external to improve design details
- Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
Work on multiple projects while remaining highly organized
Ideal Applicant Possesses:
- Knowledge of and experience with 3-D modeling software, SolidWorks or AutoCAD experience preferred.
- An in-process Engineering degree or related experience.
- Experience in CAD and product development is preferred.
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- High initiative with good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Well-rounded technical and business skills, accountable, flexible.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and work through design issues both individually and as a team member.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit and stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Reach with hands or arms
- Occasionally may be required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conditions are usually in an office environment but may be required to go out into the warehouse or production areas
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions during the day.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate