INTERN - STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Engineering Services and Products Company
Posted On 11/07/2023
Engineering Services & Products Company is a progressive and growing company that is looking for interns to join our creative team of Structural Engineers and support staff to contribute to the engineering and design of buildings and other related products. Our Engineers and Engineering support staff are very hard-working, smart and goal-oriented. The interns hired for this position should expect to learn facets of building engineering and design and will leave with invaluable skills and industry knowledge.
The person in this position will contribute to the engineering and design of buildings and other related products. A strong applicant will bring technical aptitude coupled with a desire for hands-on learning. In return they will be given challenging tasks with an opportunity to learn and expand their portfolio of technical and business skills. The person may work with different departments and outside vendors to identify and develop solutions to company and client needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain familiarity with IBC, ASCE 7, AISC Steel Construction Manual, and other resources.
- Learn and utilize Structural Analysis software (RISA-3D), Microsoft Excel, and/or other software tools for building engineering for client specific projects.
- Will be given some common engineering processes or calculations to review, come up with ideas, and implement to improve the speed and accuracy. This may involve utilizing Macros and/or VBA programming within Microsoft Excel.
- Maintain clear information on project goals, time/costs and progress.
Ideal Applicant Possesses:
- An in-process engineering degree related to structural or civil engineering.
- Basic experience with structural analysis software (RISA-3D preferred).
- Basic experience with CAD software (AutoCAD preferred).
- Basic knowledge of structural analysis. Knowledge of steel design a plus.
- Efficient communication skills with an ability to manage small conflicts constructively.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and alone.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel