Kid's Corner Staff
Posted On 03/08/2022
This position creates and oversees a safe and happy environment for children, ages 6 weeks to 6 years, so that their parents/guardians can participate in Dubuque YMCA/YWCA programs with peace of mind. Duties include: interact with children, maintain a safe and happy environment and communicate with parents and other staff members.
1. Ensures that members have labeled all diaper bags and any other personal items.
2. Assists members with check-in and check-out procedures.
3. Redirects children instead of using “Time Outs”.
4. Encourages a safe and quiet room.
5. Encourages the children to keep the toys in their designated area. Cleans and disinfects toys according to the cleaning schedule and procedure.
6. Buckles children into all bouncing seats, high chairs and strollers.
7. Assists children who need to use the bathroom or who need his/her diaper changed and stays at the door until they are finished.
8. Notifies parents at pick-up of any important information that occurred while the child was in care.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum 16 years of age.
2. Experience/training in Early Childhood Education preferred.
3. Strong communication and organizational skills.
4. Ability to work with children and families from a diverse range of backgrounds.
5. Interact with children at their appropriate cognitive level.
1. Ability to lift 40 lbs.
2. Able to be active and alert for the entire work shift.