Laboratory Aide - Full Time - Maquoketa Lab
Posted On 06/21/2022
This position will also have phlebotomy duties. Phlebotomists are responsible for collecting blood specimens from patients of all age groups in a timely and accurate manner using appropriate venous, arterial or capillary technique. All specimens are collected strictly following all related policies and procedures. As the face of the laboratory, phlebotomists maintain professional behavior and technical skills at all times demonstrating well developed customer service skills.
- High school diploma or GED required. Previous experience or training not required.
- Completion of certified phlebotomy course preferred but not required.
- Communicates effectively with coworkers, management and with other healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrates quality customer service skills when interfacing with clients.
- Demonstrates professionalism and teamwork.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 3 years thereafter.