Learning Management System (LMS) and Documentation Intern
Crescent Electric Supply Co
Posted On 12/31/1969
As an Learning Management System (LMS) and Documentation Intern, you will provide support to the training and development team by maintaining and updating Crescent Electric Training Guides (CETGs) and the Workday Learning LMS System. You will assist company stakeholders with documentation updates as part of transformation efforts and learn about enterprise level training and development efforts.
The primary focus of the role will be to assist with a 6-month diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) project to provide training and documentation to employees in their preferred language, beginning with Spanish.
- Provide essential translation and editing services related to a documentation and training project.
- Help ensure that all training materials and programs are compliant with state and federal laws and regulations governing the business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on key decisions relating to the DEI project.
- Assist with LMS administrative functions, including creating and maintaining learning content.
- Contribute to a DEI initiative on an enterprise level.
- Gain experience managing a corporate level project with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Understand basic learning management software functions and processes.
- Create content using the Articulate Storyline 360 software authoring tool.
- Learn to develop in-person and e-learning content, including process maps, training guides, videos, and quizzes.
- Gain experience creating and editing bilingual job-specific documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to successfully communicate to people with different levels of technical understanding.
- Strong attention to detail for writing and process documentation.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage timelines and meet project deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to provide current, direct, constructive feedback.
- Able to identify who the target audience is and strive to give learners a smooth and positive experience with training programs and interpersonal interactions.
- Advanced computer proficiency in programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Zoom.
- 6+ months of education in Language, Communication, Education, or related field; or commensurate experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience with technical writing or procedure documentation preferred.
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
Crescent is transforming and we are on a mission to power the communities we serve through teamwork and relentless customer focus. We have a vision of uncompromising teamwork committed to becoming the industry leader for our employees, suppliers, and shareholders. At Crescent, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and have the flexibility to balance your life's priorities. Let's serve together. Let's power our communities together. Let's become THE industry leaders...together.
Crescent Electric Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are subject to pre-employment assessments, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background checks, references check, and a post-offer drug screen.